Sunday, November 14, 2010

Impulse II

Malorie and 17 year old just lost her boyfriend in a car accident. She was offered a scholarship for dance and doesn't want to take it because of the pain she feels when she is reminded of him (which dancing seems to do). Her brother tries to convince her otherwise.

M- I don't wanna talk about this anymore
B- Well then what are you gonna do about it, because I can't just sit here and watch you give up
M- There's no reason for me to keep going
B- Yes, there is. Did you read this letter?
M- Yeah...B- SO! Your just gonna throw it all away?
M- You don't understand ok.
B- What is there to not understand? I know he's gone...but he would want you to keep dancing Mal
M- And what would you do if you lost sophie? You would quit everything
B- I know. But your stronger than me and that's why I'm pushing you
M- He won't be there watching me anymore...I just don't feel right dancing cuz I loved doing it for him. And he loved watching me. I can't do it without him
B- He wants you to be happy and I'm sure he wants to see you doing what you love
M- Well is it too late to accept the scholarship?
B- Go get the letter.            What's it say?
M- Tomorrows the last day...
B- Well give em a call
M- But I don't have a video to send in
B- Then get downstairs and start practicing. Your amazing Mal. There's a reason that school wants you    (pause)  well...GO you don't have any time to waste
M- (hopeful smile) I'll try...

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment