Tuesday, January 11, 2011

oPen mIc

Why yes, I do. One about meaning. One that I can hear.
I wanna hear a poem that teaches me how to fly...or maybe that'd just be instructions but man I'd like to hear about someone brave enough to try and MAKE that into a poem.  I wanna hear a poem that speaks. To me. To who? Well, to all of you. A poem that someone can relate to. One that isn't complex or concave.
I wanna hear a poem that rhymes...reasonably of course.  Instead of just saying, "I want a horse." A poem that was. A poem that is. A poem that very soon just may be.  I wanna hear a poem that tells a story or heck, one that doesn't tell one at all. A poem that's there and then it's gone.  Just like a suicidal's lonely song.  I wanna hear a poem that makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me smile. I wanna hear a poem about being a kid again! One about breaking free or even a poem about climbing a tree.
I wanna hear a poem that reminds me...Of how blessed I am. Of the things that matter. Of how good most of us really got it.  I wanna hear a poem about love. beauty. meaning. Yeah, I do. I wanna hear a poem that inspires da**it! One that cuts deep and makes my heart tingle like the tingling lips of a young girl's first kiss. 
And on some days a silly poem. About laughter and joy.  I wanna hear a poem about trials and more importantly getting through them. Because every broken heart needs the courage to heal. I wanna hear a poem about relationships and the ones that last. If there's even any out there. I wanna hear a poem that's honest. One that can look me straight in the eye and say, "I'm real."
                 I wanna hear a poem.     I wanna hear a poem.
But mostly, I wanna hear a poem that can capture all of this in just one shot. And maybe you just did...
cuz that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment